Visual lexicons; cultural memory, cosmopolitanism, and identity formation; post-Holocaust art; temporal/spatial relations.
“Spirit and Space: Architecture and Expressions of German Identity in Metropolis and the Weissenhofsiedlung,” Athanor 27 (2009): 69-78.
- "The Modification of Memory: the Holocaust in Contemporary Jewish Life." At the Threshold of Memory: An Exploration of New Modalities in Holocaust Education, University of San Francisco. February 12, 2017.
- "Visualizing Holocaust Identities." Educator Workshop, Jewish LearningWorks, San Francisco, CA. April 26, 2015.
- "Post-Jewish/Post-Holocaust: Contemporary Jewish-American Art and the Visual Language of Memory." College Art Association 101st Annual Conference, New York, NY. February 14, 2013.
- "Spirit and Space: Architecture and Expressions of German Identity in Metropolis and the Weissenhofsiedlung." 26th Annual Graduate Art History Symposium, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL. October 17, 2008.
Honors and Awards:
- 2017 - Regents Fellowship, University of California, Santa Cruz
- 2014 - Tauber Holocaust Educator Fellowship, Jewish LearningWorks
- *Included three-week International Seminar for Educators July 13-31st, 2014 at Yad Vashem, Jerusalem, Israel
- 2011 - Second Place Award, Graduate Humanities and Letters Division, California State University Student Research Competition, Fresno, CA
- 2010 - Virginia K. Johnson Scholarship, San Jose State University
- 2008 - Violet Speddy Scholarship, San Jose State University
Education and Training:
M.A. Art History and Visual Culture, San Jose State University
B.A. Art History, University of Kansas