HAVC/Porter College Scholarship
*DUE May 6, 2019*
These scholarships, funded by Porter College, are available to Porter College students majoring or minoring in History of Art & Visual Culture. Eligible students are invited to submit proposals to enhance their intellectual and educational experience. Grants can be used to support research, travel, and other disciplinary-related projects. Depending on the number of applicants and amount of funding available, awards typically range from $200 to $1,000.
Clare Wedding Student Enrichment Scholarship
- The study of art of the Pacific Rim countries and communities, including Oceania (the Pacific Islands). In the Western Hemisphere, this pertains to art focused on the West Coast.
- This includes all Pacific Rim countries and Oceania (i.e., Asian countries bordering the Pacific Ocean, Australia, the Pacific Islands, Canada, the U.S., and Latin American countries bordering the Pacific Ocean).
- The scholarship also supports proposals related to Pacific Rim and Oceanic disaporic art and visual culture (e.g., art related to diasporic Hmong communities in Minnesota, or art related to diasporic Micronesian communities in Arkansas).
- The support of students pursuing practical experiences in the curation and display of art and visual culture.
- Scholarship funds could also be used to support students pursuing historical and/or theoretical training in curatorial, museum, and/or heritage studies at UCSC (e.g., a UCSC summer session course). This type of study would inform practical applications.
- Provide students with internships at accredited museums, including supplementing resources for students who have secured their own internships (e.g., assist with housing and travel expenses)
- Provide funds for courses that offer students practical curatorial or exhibition experience (e.g., instructional or materials funds)
- Provide funds for students to pursue independent research projects (e.g., assist with travel and research expenses)
- Fund field trips to museums, other cultural institutions, or conferences
- Bring guest speakers to campus for HAVC courses or special events
Patricia and Rowland Rebele Grant
*DUE May 6, 2019*
These grants, generously funded by Patricia and Rowland Rebele, are available to History of Art & Visual Culture majors and minors regardless of college affiliation. Students may request support for research, travel for study purposes, costs related to accepting an internship, or expenses that aid the successful completion of their studies.
Suggestions for what you can do with this scholarship:
- Attend a conference or academic gathering related to your scholarly interests.
- Travel to research sites, museums, archives, etc. to conduct research.
- Organize a scholarly event, exhibit, symposium, guest speaker, or publication.
- Purchase equipment essential to your research.
- Offset the cost of visiting schools where you might apply for graduate school.
- Offset the cost of participating in the Education Abroad Program.
- Support students with specific financial need
The applicaiton period for the Partrica and Rowland Rebele Grant is now open. Applications are due by Monday, May 6th, 2019.
For more information regarding scholarships please talk to your faculty advisor.
|Clare Wedding Scholarship-Student Application-Sp19 UPDATED.pdf||90.99 KB|
|Clare Wedding Fellowship -Faculty & Org Application-Sp19.pdf||84.66 KB|
|2018-19 HAVCPorterScholarshipSp19_UPDATED.pdf||51.14 KB|