HAVC/Porter College Scholarship
*DUE April 9, 2018*
These scholarships, funded by Porter College, are available to Porter College students majoring or minoring in History of Art & Visual Culture. Eligible students are invited to submit proposals to enhance their intellectual and educational experience. Grants can be used to support research, travel, and other disciplinary-related projects. Depending on the number of applicants and amount of funding available, awards typically range from $200 to $1,000.
Clare Wedding Student Enrichment Scholarship
- The study of art of the Pacific Rim countries and communities, including Oceania (the Pacific Islands). In the Western Hemisphere, this pertains to art focused on the West Coast.
- The support of students pursuing practical experiences in the curation and display of art and visual culture.
- Provide students with internships at accredited museums, including supplementing resources for students who have secured their own internships (e.g., assist with housing and travel expenses)
- Provide funds for courses that offer students practical curatorial or exhibition experience (e.g., instructional or materials funds)
- Provide funds for students to pursue independent research projects (e.g., assist with travel and research expenses)
- Fund field trips to museums, other cultural institutions, or conferences
- Bring guest speakers to campus for HAVC courses or special events
Patricia and Rowland Rebele Grant
*DUE May 14, 2018*
These grants, generously funded by Patricia and Rowland Rebele, are available to History of Art & Visual Culture majors and minors regardless of college affiliation. Students may request support for research, travel for study purposes, costs related to accepting an internship, or expenses that aid the successful completion of their studies.
For more information regarding scholarships please talk to your faculty advisor.