Applicants to Visual Studies must hold a Bachelor of Arts or Master of Arts degree or their equivalents from an accredited institution and submit the following materials for review:
- Completed application, including a statement of purpose and a personal history statement
- GRE General Test scores
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for non-native English speakers
- Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- Writing sample illustrating scholarly potential, not to exceed 20 pages (double-spaced, 12 point font)
- Three letters of recommendation
Successful applicants will demonstrate their potential for original scholarship in the field, interest in academic or curatorial positions, superior oral, visual, and written skills and a commitment to education.
Visual Studies Application FAQs
Applications for 2019-20 will be accepted from October 1- December 10, 2018.