- UC Santa Cruz
- Visual Studies PhD
The program provides students with a minimum of three years of financial support, including tuition, student services fee and fellowships. Students in their first year are not required to serve as either Teaching or Research Assistants in order to receive their fellowships, but such service is required in subsequent years. Starting in academic year 2015-16, students serving as Teaching Assistants will be responsible for the campus fees not covered by their TA appointment. (TA appointments cover tuition, student services fee and GSHIP health insurance.) See link to fees below. Over the course of a graduate career, approximately six quarters of teaching assistantships (for HAVC undergraduate courses) will be awarded to Visual Studies graduate students in good standing. Additional support may be awarded to select students through graduate student research assistantships, adjunct lecturer positions, Regents' Fellowships, Chancellor’s Fellowships, targeted Graduate Division fellowships, Eugene Cota-Robles Fellowships, Dissertation-Year Fellowships and Super Fellowships.
• UCSC Graduate Student Fees: http://registrar.ucsc.edu/fees/registration/graduate-student-fees.html#graduate-fees
• UCSC Division of Graduate Studies: http://graddiv.ucsc.edu/financial-aid/
• UCSC Financial Aid Office: http://www2.ucsc.edu/fin-aid/
• UC Office of Research and Graduate Studies: http://www.ucop.edu/research/
• UC Systemwide Funding Opportunities: http://www.ucop.edu/research/funding-opportunities.html