You are here

Major Declaration

Art in museum

To declare the major, students must complete two history of art and visual culture courses (or equivalent transfer coursework), chosen from two different geographical regions. All students considering the major or minor are encouraged to complete these courses early in their studies and consult with the HAVC undergraduate adviser to develop a plan of study.

Students are eligible to declare the HAVC minor at any time.

Declaration Process:

  1. Download the Petition for Declaration of Major/Minor and Academic Planning Form (Declaration/Planning form) and complete student information.
  2. Meet with HAVC undergraduate advisor to discuss major requirements and fill out the Declaration/Planning form.
  3. Meet with assigned HAVC faculty adviser, discuss course of study, and have faculty adviser sign the Declaration/Planning form.
  4. Return competed Declaration/Planning form to the HAVC undergraduate adviser.
  5. The declared major/minor will appear on the student’s portal when declaration process is complete.

*Students planning a double major or major/minor program must meet with undergraduate advisers from each program.